Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Pictures!!!

OK, why I couldn't get the upload picture button this morning remains a mystery to me... But anyway...

Here are some pictures from the long holiday weekend. First is a batch of pix from babygirl's weekend playdate with her Gramps, otherwise known as my dad. For Xmas, I bought babygirl a nice, handcrafted wooden dollhouse with furniture, people, and pets. I decided it should live at Gramps' house for babygirl to play with on her visits. First of all, it gives Gramps something specific and defined to do with her, which I think he appreciates. Second, it means babygirl doesn't have to share this very special thing with Holy Terror. (Yeah, we teach our kids that they need to share - what does it say when a parent goes to great lengths to protect her kid from having to share?) I love the relationship that's developing between babygirl and her Gramps - he loves her so much but has trouble expressing it short of just plain beaming constantly. I think he's finally realizing, too, that she's not actually all that fragile, and he won't break her picking her up or putting her down.

Second is a batch of pix from the nuthatch, er, I mean, my home. Babygirl wanted desperately to play with HT, so I let her. They played dress-up, though babygirl was indifferent to the game. The picture of her does *not* do justice to her indescribable cuteness as a little green Tinkerbell. (And I have NO idea what that facial expression was all about!) HT feels completely left out if I don't snap a pic of her when I take one of babygirl, so I took one of her too - she's the angelic-looking smiling toddler in purple.













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home