Thursday, January 12, 2006

Babygirl update

She had a well-baby checkup yesterday. Folks, my 15-month-old babygirl weighs 18 lbs. 15 oz. Not even 19 lbs. yet. She's 31 inches long. Such a little peanut! But my pedi isn't worried because she is clearly healthy, happy, smart, and active as all get-out. However, she needs to start putting more weight on right about now. Part of the problem is she isn't a fan of whole cow's milk. My pedi suggested Vitamin D and calcium fortified soy milk, and/or Pediasure. We'll give them a shot. In the meantime, yesterday I fed her Edy's Butter Pecan Ice Cream with the pecans picked out. Yeah, she eats THAT just fine! And for dinner, I made her Annie's Shells and Cheese in an extra-fat version, with whole milk and about half a stick of butter for the whole box. She ate a bunch of that too. She loves mac and cheese with these tiny shells because she can spear them on, and eat them off, her little bitty fingertips.

She figured out how to open up the fridge the other day. We heard a rattling sound from the other room, looked at each other quizzically, and then saw her coming into the room with the little tub of crumbled Feta cheese, shaking it manaically and smiling from ear to ear. (Did I mention she loves Feta?) The next day we went out and bought fridge safety locks.

We don't have room for a hamper in our tiny bathroom; instead, dirty clothes just get heaped up behind the door. She loves to dig around in the stack, pull out one of my dirty bras or a pair of undies, HANG THEM AROUND HER NECK, and go walking out into the house. Then she wails when I try to remove them. Said I to her father, "It wouldn't be so bad if she was pulling clean ones out of my drawers to wear." Said her daddy, "Yeah, but the dirty ones smell like you." All together now, AAAAAAAWWWW-EEEEEUUUWWW!!!

Here's to you, babygirl; the most precious and wonderful 18 lbs. 15 oz. in the whole entire world. I love you more and more every day.

3 Comments:

At 1/12/2006 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

~cringes~ my 5 month old son weighs almost 20lbs already

 
At 1/12/2006 10:55 PM, Blogger Teri said...

Awww! Yea Babygirl!

 
At 1/13/2006 9:39 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

2 non-cow milk drinkers in my house, too, but they go through alarming amounts of fortified soy. If she doesn't like it initially, try vanilla flavored... it's incredibly sweet & hard to resist!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home