Thursday, January 26, 2006

Busy!!! And Fours...

I've not had a chance to post since Saturday's big news because I've been very busy at work doing lawyer-type things that make me feel all tingly and important inside. But I think this phase will be wrapping up soon and when it does, I've got some thoughts I'll be posting, inspired of my new/old, Babymama-free home life.

In the meantime, Teri at Blueberry Pie tagged me for the ubiquitous Fours meme. (I think it's pronounced "Me-Me" and if it's not, that's still how I'm gonna say it!) So, without further ado, here's my Fours meme answer list.

Four jobs I've had:

1. Bakery shop counter sales person. This turned out to be a bad idea as it allowed me to discover the joy of fresh, warm-from-the-oven pastry and rolls. Still an obsession today.
2. Customer service representative for AT&T Long Distance. Eleven words on this one: "Good morning, how may I provide you with excellent service today?"
3. Bill collector for R.I. Hospital Trust Bank, which got swallowed by a bigger bank that also got swallowed and then more, like piranha Mamuschka dolls. Alternate job title: professional bad guy.
4. Lawyer. By far the best fit, and the only one I've ever been truly happy with.

Four movies I'd watch over and over:
1. Yellow Submarine
2. Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
3. Jackie Brown
4. Everything is Illuminated

Four places I've lived:
1. Providence, RI
2. Boston, MA
3. Allston, MA
4. Revere, MA

Four websites I visit daily:
1. Pibgorn. Beautiful artwork, bizarre storylines.
2. Salon.com. Especially its Broadsheet (women's) blog.
3. Angry Black Bitch. For those who like their politics tart, served with a cold Vodka Cran.
4. CNN.com. Because nobody likes an ignorant lawyer.

Four of my favorite fattening foods:
1. Fettucine alfredo.
2. Annie's Mac and Cheese, made with half-n-half and lots of real organic butter. (My daughter generously shares hers with me.)
3. Pizza.
4. Cheesecake.

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. Paris.
2. Sanibel Island, Florida. My hubby and I got married on the beach there.
3. Home. In bed. Asleep.
4. Hmmm... can't think of anything right now...

Four bloggers I'm tagging:
I don't pass on chain-letter emails as a matter of principle, so I think I'll just let this peter out here. Plus, at this point this meme has been out there so long I don't think there's four bloggers left who haven't done it.

Hope y'all are having a good day/week/whatever. All is well in WOTH-land, and I'm looking forward to having more posting time very soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home