Monday, April 17, 2006

Waterworks.

Yesterday I was watching my Sunday morning show, CBS Sunday Morning. They did a segment on a musical therapist, who works in the children's unit of a hospital. They showed some of the kids he works with - a 30-week preemie, a 5-year-old boy just two hours past his tenth brain surgery, a maybe 3-month-old baby recovering from a head injury - all these little kids with horrible awful diseases. I was instantly sobbing. No buildup, no sniffles and leaky tears first, just sudden gut-wrenching sobs. I could see that these were all other people's precious little babies, and could sympathize with how helpless they must feel watching their babies suffering and not being able to make it stop. I sobbed through the whole thing, and then went into the living room where I could barely tell my husband why I was crying through the sobs. Our little girl came over to investigate why mama was crying, hopped up on my lap, and let me smother her with kisses and hugs. I asked her never to get really critically ill or injured, please please please, because I just don't think I could bear it.

1 Comments:

At 4/17/2006 12:42 PM, Blogger Teri said...

I know...I cry all the time over stuff like that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home