Thursday, March 23, 2006

Attention K-Mart Shoppers.

Yesterday I bought an entire outfit at K-Mart - a suit, blouse, handbag and matching shoes - for about $75. I was pretty glad to be able to find something decent that fit for so cheap.




This is the concrete, physical manifestation of the choices I've made in my life - to work for the government instead of private practice, and to support my family while my husband stays home. Once upon a time, I shopped for suits in the department stores and didn't think twice about spending $200 for a suit, $40 for a blouse, $50 for shoes and another $50 for the handbag. I could even afford to pay cash instead of using a credit card. Now most of my suits come courtesy of K-Mart and Target, and I'm just pathetically grateful that they added halfway decent suits to their lines.

Fair trade? You tell me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home