Wednesday, March 01, 2006

WW Day 3; babygirl update

So, it's day 3 of Weight Watchers. So far, so good I guess. I'm in sort of an adjustment period as I learn what things I need to give up as consuming too many of my daily points (2 scrambled eggs = 5 points) and what other things I like that I should make a point of eating now because they take up fewer points. (Broccoli and mushrooms = 0 points, sashimi = 4 points for 8 pieces). My one weakness comes as a total surprise to me. I just love, love, absolutely LOVE my daughter's Silk brand Very Vanilla Soymilk. I can't stop drinking it. I bought her a carton of it in drink boxes but she can't really manage them yet so I've been drinking them myself. 2 a day is 6 points. I try to just have the one in the morning, but come afternoon time I can't resist opening and nursing a second one. Oh well, at least it's extra protein and calcium, and counts as a dairy item for WW purposes. Anyway, yesterday I only needed to use 3 of my "mad money" weekly points, down from 4 on Monday. Today I'm going to try to not use any. So far I've been able to keep my nose out of the feedbag. Hopefully that will continue throughout the day.

Babygirl continues to grow intellectually at an astounding pace. The day before yesterday we were "reading" one of her soft baby books with a tiny rattling stuffed elephant sewn onto the cover. She pointed to it, went "ah ah ah ah!!" and ran away to point out the multicolored elephant dangling from her mobile. Yesterday we were "reading" an alphabet board book and came to a picture of a horse. She said "oooh oooh oooh!!," jumped off my lap, ran into her room, and came back with the little horsie from her barnyard play set. This morning she ran from me reading a Clifford book to her great big stuffed red Valentine's Day doggie to our dog lying on his couch in the living room. She just makes these associations across the board. Also, another piece of big news - on Saturday I gave her a bath, noticed she looked like she was pushing, and whipped her out of the bath and onto the potty. I wrapped her up in her towel and let her sit a minute. Then I heard the soft sound of tinkle hitting the plastic. Sure enough, she had peed in the potty for the very first time! I was kinda hoping it would be a poopy, but oh well - it's still a victory and I'll take it. Kind of makes me wonder how often she's been peeing in her bathtub right along... She's only pooped in the bath twice - now THOSE times I remember!

1 Comments:

At 3/06/2006 11:09 PM, Blogger Teri said...

Look at you with your points! I admire you. I know I shoud do WW...it seems like the easiest and most versatile plan.

Congrats on the potty, Babygirl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home