Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Mamuschka mania! WW: One day down, 9w6d to go...

My babygirl's favorite toy right now is the set of Mamuschka nesting dolls I got at a Russian dollmaker's store in Amsterdam. She can entertain herself with these things for, like, half an hour at a time. That's an eternity in baby parenting time. Here's some pictures of her with the Mamuschkas. That's an apron she's wearing; her daddy thought she might like to help me make dinner. Not so much when there's Mamuschka dolls to be played with!







So I started Weight Watchers yesterday. I'm doing their Flex Plan point system thing because basically I need to watch portion control and grazing more than my food choices. Imagine my disappointment to learn that I only get 24 points to eat per day. And that once I lose *1 pound* I'll be in a new weight range that only gets 22 points per day. And that, despite having eaten next to nothing so far that day and being hungry already at the meeting, I had already consumed enough points that I only had *2 points* left to get me through the day! Fortunately, we are given 35 points extra as "mad money" points to consume throughout the week. I needed 4 of those to be able to eat dinner. Part of the problem here is that a cup of coffee with 2 tbsps creamer and 2 1/2 sugars is 5 points. Aaaargh! So I need to start drinking diet soda as a caffeine delivery method. Just not as satisfying at 4AM, let me tell you. Anyway, I'm off to a more solid start today. You basically HAVE to eat fruits and vegetables to feel halfway full because they're the only things that don't have shit-tons of points. So I had a peach and a cup of coffee for breakfast. Halfway through the AM I'll have 2 scrambled eggs and a drink box of chocolate soymilk (which I just love, I know, I'm weird). Basically I just can't snack. At all. Which makes the day super extra long somehow. But I was able to keep my nose out of the feedbag yesterday afternoon/evening. And the silver lining? The medical digital scale Weight Watchers uses for their weigh-in is kinder than my bathroom scale at home! It told me yesterday that I weighed 175.8 lbs. I'll take it.

Tonight I'm going to try to force my lard-ass onto the treadmill after babygirl goes to sleep. Oh, joy.

1 Comments:

At 2/28/2006 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking about doing weight watchers -- I will keep on reading to see your progress

 

Post a Comment

<< Home