Thursday, March 23, 2006

I pray because otherwise I feel completely helpless.

We got a call last night from one of my hubby's maternal aunties telling us that another aunty is having quadruple bypass surgery today. I love Colin's three maternal aunties, to be honest, more than I love my mother-in-law. They welcomed me into their family with open arms and great good humor. They have been incredibly generous with my babygirl, sparing us much expense in terms of buying the material necessities for her. I have standing invitations to visit any of them anytime. The thought that one of these wonderful ladies is going to have major heart surgery today just chokes me up.

My hubby is an atheist and doesn't believe in or feel the need for prayer. I'm a very badly lapsed, nonpracticing Jew, but every now and then I do feel the need for prayer, usually when I feel completely helpless in a situation not of my own making. This is one of those situations. I am sending a humble prayer out to my Jewish g-d (Hashem?) that he hold my Irish Catholic auntie-in-law in the palm of His hand today, and in the difficult days that will follow. Please, I beg of You - she is still so young, and so loved, and has so much living and giving and loving left to do.

1 Comments:

At 3/25/2006 10:42 PM, Blogger Teri said...

Aw...I'll shoot one up for ya, as my mom used to say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home