Thursday, November 16, 2006

Why are guys so damned skeevy?!

So, here's what happened to me yesterday. I was out for a walk, with Esther on my back in her backpack and our 115-lb. black lab/Great Dane Shadow on his leash. We're about halfway through our walk, walking down a largish main street in broad daylight, when I hear a car honk at me. As it drives by, it slows down so I can see that the driver, a man, has his pants down past his butt and is jacking off, driving down the road, in the middle of the day! As soon as he sees that I've seen him, he speeds up and drives off. I caught the license plate number and the make of the car as he drove away. I whipped out my cell phone and called the police to report the event. The officer who came out to meet me kept asking if I was sure that I had the plate number right, even though it was registered to exactly the make, model and color of car I saw. Turns out that the car is registered to a city police officer. He was on duty at the time, but believed that his teenage son had the car. I did go ahead and file the complaint, even though the officer clearly didn't want me to. I'm really hoping I don't see any retaliation for this. I don't want to get anybody sent to the pokey, or even cost anybody a big fine - I just want to send the message that this isn't acceptable behavior. I had a two-year-old on my back, for heaven's sake, and I'd rather she not see that kind of thing. Basically, I'm just hoping that a certain 16-year-old caught a can of whoop-ass when his police-officer dad got home from work.

1 Comments:

At 11/16/2006 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came over via motherless - I am too.
You definately should file a complaint, that is totally unacceptable. Did you see who was driving?
I've read a few of your posts and I guess It helps you to write about it.
As for the other stuff (hubby) well, that's up to you and what you are comfortable with but......
I don't want to say anything else right now,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home