Monday, November 06, 2006

And now the shit hits the fan.

Yesterday, I got the following email from Karen (in response to my email a couple of weeks back telling her I didn't want to hear from her unless she was willing to read the letter):

Dear Susan, I think there has been a great
misunderstanding between us. I never refused to read
or hear your 32 page letter. If you still have the
letter I wrote to you last winter, please re-read it.
I stated that it sounded like you had been holding in
these feelings for a long time, and for this reason, I
suggested we see a professional to help us with
communication. I believe that's why a few years ago,
we went to a therapy session at your request. I want
to hear your feelings, I would never "pretend" to read
your letter, and I'm sure I'll be responding to it in
some way. I've been trying to use the following quote
I found in a book to help me with conflict resolution
in my life: "Love without honesty is
sentimentality, honesty without love is brutality"
Perhaps we can keep this in mind in our correspondence
and communication with each
other. Karen

My response - was it too cold?

So, can I send you the letter now or not?

And her reply:

yes

So, I'll be sending it out to her today. What happens from there is up to her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home