Friday, June 16, 2006

Why I love the farmer's market

Stopped at the farmer's market at Haymarket here in Boston today with a $20 bill. Here's what it got me:

1 lb. fresh, sweet strawberries
5 big ears of sweet corn
5 green peppers
2 red peppers
2 big gorgeous artichokes
4 Anjou pears
Big bunch of fragrant cilantro
Small tub of blackberries
Little bag of intriguing, red & yellow, doubtless very hot peppers
1/2 dz. heirloom tomatoes
2 pints cherries
3 giant oranges
7 nectarines
1 perfectly ripe pineapple


Oh yeah - and having an excuse to get out of the office into the gorgeous June sunshine? Priceless.

1 Comments:

At 6/17/2006 9:35 AM, Blogger Teri said...

WOW! The farmers markets here are much higher priced. I pay about the same amount I'd pay at Whole Foods when I go to one particular market.

I still love going though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home