Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The simplest of simple summer pleasures.



Esther spent her day playing outside with her daddy, and was ready for her snack by the time I got home from work. "Eat eat!" she yelled as I walked in the door. I opened the fridge and asked her what she wanted. She pointed to the watermelon: "That!" So I cut us each a big hunk. I gave her a spoon, as she is enthusiastically learning the fine art of eating with cutlery. But she preferred the much messier and more fun option of simply shoving her face into the watermelon. She ate this whole piece and was covered head to waist in juice. Then she ran back outside and jumped back into her kiddie pool.

What I wouldn't give to be two again, just for a day!

EDITED TO SAY: I'm SOOO SORRY I double-linked at Mama Says Om! I really don't know how it happened. I can't find a link to email a site administrator and ask that one of the links be removed. Of course - my first time posting on a new site and I make a stupid faux-pas. Have I mentioned that technology hates me? The Internet hates me, and fights my efforts at every turn. Heck, even my stapler hates me. Anyway, so sorry!

5 Comments:

At 8/01/2006 9:29 AM, Blogger Shelley said...

Who cares what the machines think, those of us who walk around out here in meatspace love you!

Thanks for sharing this great image and story.

 
At 8/01/2006 11:25 AM, Blogger Elaine said...

No worries, I fixed it already!

Thanks so much for submitting, that is one beautiful kid!

 
At 8/01/2006 4:45 PM, Blogger fuzzypeach said...

Great shot, looooooove that she forsake the spoon - who needs a spoon?!

 
At 8/02/2006 12:40 PM, Blogger Veronica TM said...

What a great photo! It says simple and it says summer.

 
At 8/04/2006 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there. we don't bite. no worries.

She's adorable! Mine is also two!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home