Monday, December 12, 2005

No more deer in the headlights.

That was the name of my "old" blog. Once upon a time, I really did feel like that. Motherhood was such a huge change in my lifestyle and my priorities that I sometimes felt like I had been hit by a bus. But the main reason I chose that name was that I was just trying to come up with a blog title and URL that hadn't already been taken. I've realized that the title just doesn't project what I want to say about myself at all. I am NOT paralyzed by indecision, waiting for doom to run me over without even trying to step aside! And by the time I chose that name, I didn't even feel like that any more. So that's it for Deer in the Headlights. This is my new blog. It's called Woman of the House - don't call me a lady, because I'm not ladylike in the least. I am a modern American woman, a professional and a mom, doing the best I can to get by as life gets harder and less forgiving. I am also the head of my household, as I am fortunate enough to have a husband who gave up his profession to stay home with our wonderful babygirl (now 14 months old). So my household gets by on my one income, and I balance my hard-earned career with the mutual need my daughter and I have for each other. For now, it more or less seems to be working. The only thing I can say for sure is that the ONLY reason it works is because my husband stays at home. And god bless him, he jumped at the chance to do so.

So anyway, I'll try to figure out how to re-post all my old stuff here. In the meantime, if you're really curious about me, check out my old Deer in the Headlights blog - you can get to it through my profile. And there's some really cute pictures of my babygirl there. Thanks for visiting.

1 Comments:

At 12/12/2005 11:29 PM, Blogger Teri said...

Hooray! Welcome to your new home! So bright and airy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home